WHAT DOES SOUTHWEST OKLAHOMA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and account balances
- checking account information and credit card or other debt
- payment history and transaction or loss history
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Southwest Oklahoma Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.[table “” not found /]
Questions? Call 580-353-0490 or go to www.swofcu.com
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- open an account or apply for a loan
- make a wire transfer or show your government-issued ID
- show your driver’s license
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.[table “” not found /]